The following actions are a summary of our Pandemic Action Planning specifically altered and amended for COVID-19 Omicron.
Actions and Key Points
- The Ministry of Health is the lead organisation. Taipa Area School will follow all Health advice and directives. (Ongoing)
- The Ministry of Education is the second lead agency. Taipa Area School will follow all MoE advice and directives. (Ongoing)
- Establish (Term 1) and maintain (Ongoing) regular communications with parent and whanau community
- Personal emails
- Website notices.
- Provide high-quality accurate information for staff/whanau via communications links (Ongoing)
- Update school Emergency Contact database. (Term 1 2022)
- Ensure cleanliness in all school facilities is of a high standard as possible. (Ongoing)
- Foster improved personal hygiene habits in staff and students. (Ongoing)
- Ensure all sick/ill students and staff stay at home as per MoH/MoE requirements/advice. (Ongoing)
- Plan for home learning/distance learning should students be required to stay at home or the school close.
- Implement home learning/distance learning in the event of school closure.
- Plan for reopening of the school.