The Taipa Way
I can show that I am learning focused by:
· being prepared for learning
· being clear about what I am learning and why
· being able to show that I am learning
· being able to identify my next learning steps
· supporting others in their learning
· persevering with my learning
The students and teachers in this school are proponents of Restorative Justice practices.
This means that when wrongdoing has been done the key considerations are to:
Restorative practices happen:
- Bring together those who have been affected in a safe and controlled atmosphere to repair and restore the harm that has been done.
- Promote accountability, well-being of those harmed.
- Work together to decide how best to deal with the incident.
- Place value on respect, honesty, humility, mutual care and trust.
- In class with the teacher (restorative chats)
- With Heads of Departments, Deans
- With the person who has been hurt
- With their whanau and your whanau
- With members of the senior management team
- With the Principal